ANDROID KEY LIME PIE 5.0
After Many Successful releases, Android has now decided to launch ANDROID KEY LIME PIE i.e. ANDROID 5. As said by rumors, The release of this version will be similar to the other versions in terms of Time Period between each successful release, i.e. 1 years. Many new features have been incorporated in Key lime pie along with the old functions. What are these features? When will this OS get released? What will be its compatibility? What smartphones will support it? And in which smartphones will an upgrade to it be provided, we will see now.
[WARNING: The information provided here is not confirmed till now as no official statement by Google has been made. These are just leaked info by semiconductor manufacturer Qualcomm.]
LITTLE INFO ABOUT ANDROID AT FIRST
Android is an open source mobile operating system by Google which it acquired on August 17, 2005 and from 4 developers. Till then Google released its OS versions in alphabetical order:
1) Android Alpha and Android Beta ( Although they were not stable versions)
2) Android Cupcake( First version to use a code-name based on Desserts) ~ Android 1.5
3) Android Donut ~ Android 1.6
4) Android Eclair ~ Android 2.0.1 and 2.0.1 and 2.1
5) Android Froyo ~ Android 2.2 - 2.2.3
6) Android Gingerbread ~ Android 2.3 - 2.3.7
7) Android Honeycomb ~ Android 3.0 - 3.2
8) Android Ice Cream
~ Android 4.0 - 4.0.4
9) Android Jelly Bean ~ Android 4.1 - 4.2 - 4.2.3
10) Android Key Lime Pie( Although Rumored) ~ Android 5.0
Lets not just waste time and move our discussion to the center of the topic i.e. about Key lime pie.
RELEASE DATE OF KEY LIME PIE ( ANDROID 5.0)
As announced by Google, the unveiling of this OS Version will take place in the next table round conference by Google ( I/O) scheduled from 15 May 2013, a month earlier then the previous conference.
FEATURES OF ANDROID 5.0
As this OS will be based on Kernel 3.8, the OS version might be 5.0. When the rumors leaked that a new widget, i.e., Google Now widget was going to be added in Key lime Pie, Google shifted this widget to Jelly Bean the next day itself.
Even the unification of Chat services might take place in 5.0( Unification of GTalk, Voice, etc under Babble).
MANY OTHER FEATURES WILL BE INCLUDED:-
1) Inclusion/ Introduction of new User Profiles - It seems that Google will include within its new OS new. We , then, would not have to close services( like stopping sharing services, barring data services, enabling/disabling silent mode, etc) manually. The Profile Selection will take care of it.
2) Low intended RAM usage - Google is trying all its best to lower needless RAM usage. We know how much we get frustrated by seeing how the phone gets slow, RAM becomes inefficient blah.. blah .... But in this version Google is taking into account that this problem doesn't prevail.( Although rumored, this step is admirable)
3) Smarter Animations, smoother actions and admirable interface - Nothing much to say about it.
4) Better interaction between Android phones and greater Social Network Support.
5) It is also possible that Android may introduce the DEMO Facility for its "Priced" Apps. Since every-time you may have to first purchase and then check it, Google is trying to make this task easier by taking out Demo facility for most of the Apps. ( Not confirmed till now)
6) Other features are also there which are as follows:-
a) Lock Screen Customization
b) Introduction of a new Video chat app
c) Multi-selection in Contacts
d) A more brighter and smooth screen then before
e) A better TouchWiz UI
f) A new "Never Update" Option
g) A better Home Screen
h) No regrets
These are the features and specifications that may be included in the New Key Lime Pie. These are the features that we expect from Google.
SUPPORTED DEVICES AND COMPATIBILITY OF ANDROID 5.0
It is rumored that key lime pie will be integrated in these set of Smart-phones:-
i) New LG made Nexus Headset ( Nexus 5 most likely )
ii) Strong expectation in Motorola X
SMARTPHONES IN WHICH THE UPGRADE TO ANDROID 5.0 WILL BE MADE
Google might even release some update versions for the currently running Jelly Bean headsets. Those headsets where the upgrade is to be expected are:-
a) Samsung Galaxy S4 and S3
b) Samsung galaxy note 2 and 8.0 and 10.1
SOME EXPECTATIONS/ WISHES FOR ANDROID 5.0 TO GOOGLE FROM US
a) The battery Status percentage count must be there.
b) Phone should be made easier to operate
c) In-built Virus Protection must be there
Well this was all that i knew about Google Android Key Lime Pie 5.0. Hope so you understood basic concepts about this OS. Do not fear to leave a comment as you pass by this post.